Tuesday 4 September 2012

6 weeks Rule!!!!


I've decided to have every hairstyle I get whether braids or a weave for 6 weeks nothing beyond or less(unless of course the hairdresser did a bad job then its gotta go off) I currently have braids on, that reach the six week mark tomorrow so i intend on taking them off so i give my hair about a week or 2 to breathe before my next hairstyle so im going to just leave it.  my hair is on that tip where its looks like it got so much growth and needs a relaxer but its naturally texlaxed as i explained in my previous article.  Im going to leave it like that since im still on the deciding on going au natural or try relax one more time. I was in deep thought the other day on why my hair could be texlaxed perhaps it could be my cheap self has been self-relaxing or perhaps its just like that as before i went natural it actually used to relax properly. so if i do decide to relaxer i will let a professional hairdresser do it. I chose 6 weeks as its enough weeks to get used to and enjoy the hairstyle and its safe. I cant keep braids beyond that otherwise you hair can break and it starts to look untidy anyway. It happened to me last year when i kept them for 2 months. 

Anyways im a black girl, gotta be changing my hairstyle so i dnt get bored and because my african hair can change to anything. I've decided to hve every hairstyle i get whether braids or a weave for 6 weeks .

2 comments:

  1. interesting about texlaxing...is that on purpose?if it is isnt texlaxing worse than relaxing and worse than natural tho????also im at a crossroads bin natural for two years now bt my hair real tough n hard to keep together esp for those sch days..also i hav braids in now n theyv gone bad quick my afro just wants to be..i dont want to relax cz i dnt wanna give up the volume..wat do u think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my texlaxing is not done on purpose though people with thin hair usually do it on purpose to gain a bit of volume. My texlaxing is something i noticed when i started relaxing, my hair doesnt relax at all. texlaxing is a texture thats half relaxed half natural. you dont have to relax your hair if you want to keep it natural. Most of the hairstyles you can get with relaxed hair you can get with natural hair too. try moisturizing your hair often to soften the toughness of it. i will b posting an article later about tough natural hair(mufushwa).

      Delete