Sunday 24 February 2013

Brazilian Hair LESSON LEARNT!!!!



So during my Brazilian hair research I found out that there’s Processed and UNprocessed(Virgin) hair and there are different grades of hair. The processed hair is hair that has been treated with chemicals and often has a brand name. e.g Chocolate, or ebony Brazilian hair. Virgin hair is just virgin hair. It doesn’t come in a packet with a brand name. The fake Brazilian looked like this.
Fake brazilian hair is always packed like this


Beware as some retailers take them out the packet  and tie them into bundles. The virgin hair I bought had no brand name wasn’t in a packet, it comes in bundles like the picture below. I really cant explain what Brazilian hair looks like or feels like, I was fooled the first time.

Virgin hair is unprocessed and has never been in contact with any chemicals and is still in its natural form with its cuticles facing the same direction(meaning less tangling or no tangling) and can be coloured just as you would with your own hair and it lasts longer. The hair is also graded. The higher the grader the more luxurious the hair . 5A+ or AAAAA IS the highest grade I have managed to find on the market. So anything from AAA  and above is good quality, no shedding, no tangling.

I choose Brazilian hair because it has got lots of volume, density and its soft and bouncy and doesn’t look so frail like Indian hair. Its beautiful. I bought 3 bundles (300grams) . Its always best to buy 3 bundles as just buying 200grams wont look like it has body.300 grams will give you natural fullness. I have a small head so I like hair with volume. I went for an open sewn in to allow my hair line to recover but on my next sew-in I intend on having a closed sewn in with a fringe to give my hair time to grow in the front and as a protective style.



Having Brazilian Hair means no heavy oils in it(i.e castor oil). It will start to look greasy and ewww. Even without oiling it , it tends to get greasy from sweat and the natural body oils. So you need to wash your hair at least once a week or just spray some water on it and let it dry. It loves water. Ladies your hair should love water anyway. Clean hair just looks good and healthy.

Because Brazilian Hair doesn’t like greasy oils and I still want to maintain my own hair its often now difficult applying my castor oil. I do however apply castor oil on the hair that’s out daily so I apply on my hairline as its still in recovery .  As for the parts that’s  sewn, I mix the castor oil with water in a spray bottle and apply . It still requires me to wash my hair or spray pure water on it to remain grease free once a week.


No comments:

Post a Comment