Monday 12 November 2012

OIL VS WAX

                                                                               VS

My scalp recently discovered and felt the differences between oil and waxed based hairfoods. I prefer oil based. I have in the past 2 years used mpl , castor oil and alma oil, and serum. I find waxed based hairfoods are a bit sticky and don’t leave room for your hair to be free and flowing( as my friend would say hair that blows with the wind). I just hate it when you get a nice weave done then you see the hairdresser dip her hand (yes hand) into that big jar of petroleum jelly to apply on it.Is it just me or what but I think only your real hair shoul d be oiled. It seems like , well to hairdressers the shinier the weave the better looking.

Sorry had drifted from the main topic. Waxed based hairfoods are a bit heavy usually after application , a blow dryer is used  to melt it in the hair. I have noticed that when you get braids and have been using wax based hairfood  u start seeing white dust particles accumulating under each braid which creates knots and makes your hair hard to comb, while  with oil your hair is more manageable to comb after the braids.

A little oil goes a long way and covers a larger surface area so you don’t need to use a lot as it can drip down your face if you use too much.

Oils are a great way to lock in moisture, and control frizz! Some oils can feel greasy, and leave your hair feeling weighed down. But here are some great oils that penetrate quickly and are excellent at nourishing from scalp to tip, without that residue feeling!!
Read more at http://madamenoire.com/196504/summer-is-in-hair-oil-suggestions-from-johnny-wright/#y268ijctEWE8wZjP.99

No comments:

Post a Comment