Wednesday 25 July 2012

My hair type


Since Relaxing my natural  hair last year , I have noticed that my hair is not thoroughly relaxed. Was hoping for that silky shiny hair but it didn’t happen.

The first time I relaxed it I was not impressed so I had to wait a full week then relaxed it again but I still felt a bit rough near the roots. It only looked and felt  relaxed and shiny on day 1.
 I have Texlaxed hair.

"Texlaxed" hair is hair texture that falls between texturized curls and chemically relaxed, straight hair. "Texlaxing" is the intentional underprocessing of hair with a relaxer chemical, and is typically done to create volume, body, and texture in relaxed hair.




This is what texlaxed hair looks like after washing out the chemical relaxer.

You will notice the difference between your bone straight hair and texlaxed hair when washed  because your texlaxed hair will appear fuller against your thin, bone straight ends. Texlaxed texture is best seen on air-dried hair

 It feels like you have just softened the ends and that new growth just wont relax. I have noticed that only my front hair ever actually relaxes. The rest doesn’t, my hairdresser was actually surprised that I had relaxed my hair as she thought it was still fully natural.

The reason why im still thinking of going natural again is due to my texlaxed hair, ive noticed my aunt and cousin also have hair texture like mine. My hair only looks relaxed and straight  only with the help of a ceramic iron after a blow dry otherwise theres no way you can tell its relaxed.

(we will take about the dangers of ceramic irons later)



The most Popular Texlaxing Method I have heard around the streets of Harare is washing your hair with Coca Cola.


No comments:

Post a Comment